The annual Lolë White Tour was launched in 2012 with the goal of building a global wellness movement. Since then, the Montreal-based Lolë has united over 50,000 yoga lovers around the world, bringing top yoga talent together with local communities to practice in inspiring and emotionally uplifting locations. The iconic Lolë White Tour has taken place at major world sites and landmarks including the Eiffel Tour and Central Park.
In the Vancouver lower mainland, McArthurGlen Designer Outlet is calling all yogis to join Lolë to say namast-eh as part of their Canada Day celebrations. On July 1st, 500 yogis dressed in white will return to participate in Canada’s 150th birthday in true Vancouver fashion at the centre. This event is open to anyone wishing to downward-dog and say “Namast-eh?” for Canada, while practicing to live classical music.
Tickets are available online for $19.50 and includes a free yoga mat and a Lolë gift bag filled with McArthurGlen goodies. Partial proceeds will be donated to KidSport Richmond, a national not-for-profit organization that provides financial assistance for sports registration fees and equipment to kids.
Following the outdoor yoga session, McArthurGlen will be hosting a jam-packed day to continue the celebration. In addition to the opening of Kate Spade New York, shoppers will be treated to steep discounts up to 70% less on the latest summer fashion from the centre’s brands.
Here is the full schedule of events at McArthurGlen Designer Outlet on Canada Day:
- 9:30 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. Lolë White Tour On The Road (session begins at 10:00 a.m.)
- 10:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m. Official kick off of Summer Sale
- 11:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Face-painting, Foto Bus and games/entertainment
- 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. 9 Piece Jazz Funk Band – Camaro 67
- 4:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. Vancouver Orchestral Club Symphony performance and birthday celebration. Opening act will lead the crowd in an impactful “O Canada” to celebrate Canada’s 150th. Following the performance, guests will be treated to a Canada-themed cupcake.
With the centre’s close proximity to the Canada Line, all guests are encouraged to take public transit on Canada Day to avoid any delays. McArthurGlen is easily accessible via the Canada Line’s Templeton Station – just 20 minutes from downtown Vancouver.
For more information, visit the event’s EventBrite listing.