This year, the YBIA (Yaletown Business Improvement Association) is inviting you to celebrate the 10th anniversary of CandyTown with the “Best of CandyTown.” Taking the classic festive favourites locals and visitors have come to love, such as roaming holiday characters, incredible live ice sculpting, a holiday gift market with local vendors and mixing in new, interactive elements. This free, family-friendly event will be a great place to take in the sights and sounds of the holidays!
Yaletown is the perfect place to start your holiday shopping! The Best of CandyTown will allow shoppers to take advantage of discounts with the Yaletown Gift Passport.
The Yaletown Gift Passport is an exciting scavenger-hunt-style shopping experience where users will receive a $10 gift card from a Yaletown restaurant and discount vouchers from Yaletown shops and boutiques when they virtually check into five participating merchants. After checking into 20 of Yaletown’s participating businesses, users will be entered into a sweepstake to win a grand prize valued at $1,000.
Things to do:
- All I want for Christmas Gift Market at Helmcken Plaza – gifts, treats and curated art
- Live Ice Carving and Exhibit – at Bill Curtis Square/Yaletown Canada Line Station
- Horse Drawn Carriage benefiting BC Children’s Hospital – Carriage station at Bill Curtis Square/Yaletown Canada Line Station
- Starlight Starbright Children’s Charity candy station- Bill Curtis Square/Yaletown Canada Line Station
- Roaming Characters Bouncing Elves, Gin-gin, Giant Polar Bears, Snowmen and Rudolf
- CandyTown Cocktails 19+ (self-guided) tour – at participating restaurants
Event Details: Yaletown CandyTown Street Festival
- When: Saturday, December 3rd – Sunday, December 4th from 12 PM – 5 PM
- Where: The Yaletown Neighborhood, Bill Curtis Square/Yaletown Canada Line and Helmcken Plaza (between Earls Yaletown and Yaletown Brewing Co.)
For more information and to download your gift passport, visit https://yaletowninfo.com/