Baro Drywear is a Vancouver-based outdoor apparel brand that specializes in waterproof outerwear designed for life in the city. This holiday season, they are hosting a holiday coat drive in partnership with the Lookout Society, a local non-profit dedicated to ending homelessness in Vancouver.
Winter weather is setting in, putting Vancouver’s homeless population at further risk in the cold conditions. It’s the perfect time of year to make a coat donation that could save someone’s life. With thousands of people struggling to get by on lower incomes during the pandemic, affording a winter coat will not be an option for many. The Lookout Society is experiencing a high demand for warm winter jackets this year, to provide to over 2900 individuals who use their services.
To encourage more donations, Baro is offering a $50 voucher towards the purchase of a new coat for anyone who donates a gently used winter coat at any of the Lookout Society locations across the lower mainland.
This holiday coat drive will be taking place from December 8 to December 31. Vancouverites can bring a gently used coat to donate at any of the following Lookout Society locations around the Lower Mainland:
- Riverside Shelter: 1640 Riverside Road, Abbotsford (604-776-2424)
- Yukon Housing Centre: 2088 Yukon Street, Vancouver (604-264-1680)
- The Powell Street Getaway Resource Centre: 528 Powell Street, Vancouver (604-255-7026)
- North Shore Shelter: 705 West 2nd St., North Vancouver (604-982-9126)
- Russell Housing Centre: 740 Carnarvon St., New Westminster (604-529-9126)
- Front Room Resource Centre: 10667 – 135A St., Surrey (604-589-7777)
At the delivery location, scan the QR code on the poster to receive a credit of $50 to use when you purchase a new coat over $150 at barodrywear.com.