Theatre Under the Stars (TUTS) 2018 season offers two dream-come-true tales – one of a rags to riches princess who finds her prince charming, the other of an aspiring theatre star who gets her lucky break on Broadway.
Running July 4 to August 18, 2018, this summer tradition features song-and-dance filled fables in Stanley Park’s picturesque outdoor auditorium, Malkin Bowl. Audiences will have a ball this summer when magic and romance come alive in Rodgers & Hammerstein’s Cinderella and 42nd Street.
- Rodgers & Hammerstein’s Cinderella: a magical musical of dreams come true and happily ever after. The timeless enchantment of the fairy tale classic is given fresh life by the creators of The Sound of Music, South Pacific, and Oklahoma! Brimming with wit and warmth, the TONY Award-winning musical promises to transport the hearts of children and adults alike with Fairy Godmothers, glass slippers, and the triumph of true love.
- 42nd Street: Broadway’s big, brassy song-and-dance extravaganza. The story’s heroine is Peggy Sawyer. Fresh off the bus from small-town America, Peggy is just another face in the chorus line in Broadway’s newest, glitziest show; but when the leading lady gets injured, Peggy might finally get her shot at stardom.
Over the years, I’ve been to nearly a dozen Theatre Under the Stars shows — it’s one of my most consistent summer traditions in Vancouver. If you’re looking for an uplifting and joyful outdoor summer performance, check out Theatre Under the Stars!
Event Details: Theatre Under the Stars 2018
- Where: Malkin Bowl in Stanley Park at 610 Pipeline Road
- When: Performances alternate evenings from July 4 to August 18. All shows beging at 8pm except on Fireworks Nights when shows begin at 7pm.
- Admission: Tickets begin at $30 and can be purchased online at: tuts.ca