Seven of Vancouver’s master chocolatiers will go head-to-head on May 10 for The Gourmet Warehouse’s 6th annual Chocolate Challenge.
Since 2013 The Gourmet Warehouse has brought together BC’s finest chocolatiers to craft unique and delicious treats for the annual Chocolate Challenge. This year, seven masters of the chocolate arts will work alongside their top protegees to wow guests with an assortment of original bonbons. To win the challenge, contestants must pass their confections by the judging panel, which is made up of some of Vancouver’s premiere chocolate masters.
This year’s all-star panel of judges includes:
- Christophe Bonzon from Chez Christophe
- Thierry Busset from Thierry
- Thomas Haas from Thomas Haas
- Steven Hodge from Temper Pastry
- Greg Hook from Chocolate Arts
- Danny Capadouca from Okanagan College
- Jeffry Kahle from the Fairmont Pacific Rim
The 2018 Chocolate Challenge promises to an evening of confectionary indulgence, with the chance to try one-of-a-kind chocolate treats from some of BC’s finest pastry chefs, all in support of an important local cause. The proceeds from this year’s event will benefit the Vancouver Firefighter Charities Snacks for Kids program, Project Chef, and the Strathcona Backpack Program, each of which works to increase access to healthy food for kids.
Gourmet food stations and wine bars will accompany the sweet treats and guests are invited to bid on a selection of delectable silent auction items. Prizes include a trip to San Francisco, tickets for a hands-on sushi making workshop, and invitations for chef table tasting menus at some of the top restaurants in town. Raffle tickets will also be on offer for additional prizes.
The Gourmet Warehouse’s Chocolate Challenge
- When: May 10, 2018 from 6:30 to 9pm.
- Where: The Gourmet Warehouse at 1340 E Hastings St.
- Admission: Tickets available online for $79.00 per person which includes food and wine tastings.
For more information, visit: gourmetwarehouse.ca.