The Hawksworth Young Chef Scholarship program is a non-profit culinary foundation created to recognize and inspire young Canadian chefs, while promoting professionalism and culinary excellence within the hospitality industry. Earlier in the day the final round of the culinary arts competition will take place at the Pacific Institute of Culinary Arts and one young chef will be awarded as the 2014 recipient.
On Sunday September 28, 2014, Hawksworth Restaurant will be hosting a fundraising dinner benefitting the Hawksworth Young Chef Scholarship. Attendees will have the opportunity to join six chefs from high-profile Canadian restaurants, including four from Vancouver, for a six course menu with optional wine pairings.
- David Hawksworth (Hawksworth, Vancouver)
- Scott Jaeger (The Pear Tree, Burnaby)
- Michele Jacob (Le Crocodile, Vancouver)
- Kristian Eligh (Hawksworth, Vancouver)
- Normand Laprise (Toque!, Montreal)
- Anthony Walsh (Canoe, Oliver & Bonacini, Toronto)
The event will run from 5pm to late. Reservations are only being taken by calling 604.673.7000. Seats are $140 for the six course menu, or $218 for dinner with wine pairings, selected by Hawksworth Restaurant’s wine team.