EVENT: Vancouver Aquarium After Hours (July 23, 2014)
Come celebrate the Vancouver Aquarium’s biggest expansion ever at their next After Hours event, a special adults-only evening, and enjoy a beer or glass of wine while exploring 55,000 square feet of spectacular new space.
The last time I was at the Vancouver Aquarium, it was on a weekend and there were lots of kids running around and moms pushing babies in strollers. Although I enjoyed the shows and exhibits, I didn’t really feel like I fit in to the “family vibe” of the Vancouver Aquarium that afternoon. So I was glad to hear that three times a year, a special 19+ “After Hours” event is held for adults only.
At the next After Hours on July 23 (6:30pm to 10pm), the evening will include:
- Caring for Dolphins shows on the Wild Coast
- Special guest presentation by Dr. Peter Ross, international scientist and head of the Vancouver Aquarium’s Ocean Pollution Research Program
- Hands-on learning sessions in our Wet Lab – an opportunity to touch invertebrates like sea stars and urchins
- BBC Earth film, Shallow Seas, in our 4-D Experience Theatre
- Food and beverage available in our new indoor/outdoor café overlooking beautiful Stanley Park
Tickets are available online for $25. Purchase your ticket early to avoid disappointment as the events often sell out well in advance. No tickets are available for purchase at the door. Don’t forget to bring photo ID.