You may have seen the Starbucks “Good Energy” team out and about in Vancouver, promoting the ready-to-drink Refreshers line. This sweet, sparkling beverage is Starbucks’ answer to a naturally caffeinated version of Red Bull and other energy drinks. Housed in a slim 355ml can, Starbucks Refreshers are made with real fruit juice and contain B vitamins and naturally occurring caffeine from green coffee extract.
These refreshing beverages are perfect as a grab and go drink and comes in three flavours: Raspberry Pomegranate, Strawberry Lemonade and Blueberry Açai. I had the opportunity to try all three flavours of the Refreshers. The taste reminds me more of sparkling juice or pop, rather than tea. They are quite sweet, but I enjoyed them as both a late-afternoon sugar and caffeine kick. So, with an emphasis on the “Good Energy” that Starbucks Refreshers bring, Modern Mix Vancouver has come up with a list of 8 ways to spread Good Energy in Vancouver this summer:
- Do Yoga – Vancouver-based yoga studio Semperviva is offering a free beach yoga class every Sunday from July 6 to September 14. For more details, visit: semperviva.com.
- Participate in a Charity Run – I’ll be doing the Scotiabank 5k this weekend, in support of Big Sisters BC.
- Send a postcard – I recently went on vacation to Argentina, and sent postcards to my friends back home so I could share my travel experience with them and they could have a souvenir from a different country! Not going any where this summer? Then send your friends and family abroad a postcard from Vancouver.
- Grow plants – The best way to add a bit of lively colour to an apartment is to grow indoor plants or plant a pot of flowers. My basil just started sprouting, and I can’t wait to use them for cooking this summer.
- Volunteer – Find a cause you’re passionate about and volunteer your time to support it. In the next few weeks, I’ll be speaking at the SFU Social Media Network event and sharing my experiences in digital marketing with students.
- Take Your Dog on an Extra-Long Walk – My dog Teddy stays at home all day while I’m at work. I know he gets super excited to go on a longer walk, especially when the weather is good! Favourite spot for a long walk? The Seawall!
- Buy Coffee for a Friend – From Starbucks, of course 🙂 Or, better yet, treat them to a Starbucks Refresher!
- Enter the MMV Giveaway Below – Scroll down to win a Starbucks Refreshers prize pack and if you win, be sure to share the goodies with a friend.
Modern Mix Vancouver Giveaway: MMV is giving away a Starbucks Refreshers Good Energy On-The-Go Gift Pack (value: $150) which includes all three flavours of ready-to-drink Starbucks Refreshers, a personal journal, yoga mat, inspirational quote tote, body mist, lip balm and more!
To enter, please “LIKE” the MMV Facebook Page by clicking here and ALSO leave a comment below about which Starbucks Refreshers flavour sounds the most delicious to you. Giveaway ends Sunday June 29 (10:00pm PST). Open to anyone in Canada. For an additional entry: Follow @ModernMixVan on Twitter and tweet “Win from @ModernMixVan a @StarbucksCanada #GoodEnergy Gift Pack ! Click here: http://bit.ly/UGOBXY | RT to enter!”
I am ALL over the Raspberry Pomengranate, it sounds so thirst-quenchingly yummy!
I like you on Facebook. (Amy M)
I’d like to try the Strawberry Lemonade flavour.
I follow you on Twitter @glogirl3 and tweeted~ http://twitter.com/glogirl3/status/478713758131712000
Blueberry Acai sounds delish
Strawberry lemonade sounds delish! (Also tweeted and liked on FB)
Love the Strawberry Lemonade flavour! FB follower as Sarah Sar
Followed on twitter and tweeted https://twitter.com/SFBblog/status/478726219052384256
I would like the strawberry lemonaide
Congrats, Lisa. You are the winner of the Starbucks Refresher Good Energy Prize Pack. We have just sent you an email with details.
The strawberry lemonade sounds delish!
Blueberry Açai is the flavour that most interests me!
Strawberry lemonade sounds the most delicious!
love the Blueberry Açai one!
I liked the “LIKE” the MMV Facebook Page. The Strawberry Lemonade sounds like it would be good.
I follow you on twitter and tweeted
The strawberry lemonade sounds delicious
Strawberry Lemonade on ice 🙂
Liked you on facebook (angela marriott)
The Strawberry Lemonade sounds delicious.
I follow you on twitter (@flower_child_23) and tweeted
The Strawberry Lemonade sounds so good
I love the sound of the Raspberry Pomengranate refresher!
The Blueberry Acai sounds awesome!
Blueberry Acai sounds fantastic!
The strawberry lemonade sounds the best to me.
I follow on twitter and tweeted. https://twitter.com/Nicolthepickle/status/479269970703294466
Blueberry Acai sounds delish!
I like you on facebook as Tammy Dalley
The Blueberry Acai sounds delicious!
The strawberry lemonade flavour sounds the most delicious
I like the facebook page ,and the strawberry lemonade sounds the best to me,,yummy!
follow and tweeted
Blueberry acai would be my choice!
Followed on twitter & tweeted: https://twitter.com/hmrcarlson/status/480937588375973888.
Liked on Facebook. The Strawberry Lemonade sounds the best to me.
Following you on Twitter as @newfiechic and tweeted: https://twitter.com/NewfieChic/status/481087554713026560
I’m so eyeing the blueberry acai, it looks delicious
Followed on twitter @Sukki24
I’ve tried the Blueberry Açai & it’s delicious!
I think Strawberry Lemonade would be my favourite flavor.
I follow you @frugalwoman
I’d love to try the Raspberry Pomegranate.
The Strawberry Lemonade sounds great!
Like facebook page and the flavour I want to try to Strawberry Lemonade YUM and sounds so refreshing
Raspberry Pomegranate sounds super yummy!
I love the Strawberry Lemonade. I had one yesterday and its the most refreshing drink ever!
I tweeted and liked on FB. Thank you for the chance!
Strawberry Lemonade is yummy!
I’d like all three of these flavours, but Raspberry Pomegranate would probably go down first.
followed and tweeted