8 Ways to Spread “Good Energy” This Summer
You may have seen the Starbucks “Good Energy” team out and about in Vancouver, promoting the ready-to-drink Refreshers line. This sweet, sparkling beverage is Starbucks’ answer to a naturally caffeinated version of Red Bull and other energy drinks. Housed in a slim 355ml can, Starbucks Refreshers are made with real fruit juice and contain B vitamins and naturally occurring caffeine from green coffee extract.
These refreshing beverages are perfect as a grab and go drink and comes in three flavours: Raspberry Pomegranate, Strawberry Lemonade and Blueberry Açai. I had the opportunity to try all three flavours of the Refreshers. The taste reminds me more of sparkling juice or pop, rather than tea. They are quite sweet, but I enjoyed them as both a late-afternoon sugar and caffeine kick. So, with an emphasis on the “Good Energy” that Starbucks Refreshers bring, Modern Mix Vancouver has come up with a list of 8 ways to spread Good Energy in Vancouver this summer:
- Do Yoga – Vancouver-based yoga studio Semperviva is offering a free beach yoga class every Sunday from July 6 to September 14. For more details, visit: semperviva.com.
- Participate in a Charity Run – I’ll be doing the Scotiabank 5k this weekend, in support of Big Sisters BC.
- Send a postcard – I recently went on vacation to Argentina, and sent postcards to my friends back home so I could share my travel experience with them and they could have a souvenir from a different country! Not going any where this summer? Then send your friends and family abroad a postcard from Vancouver.
- Grow plants – The best way to add a bit of lively colour to an apartment is to grow indoor plants or plant a pot of flowers. My basil just started sprouting, and I can’t wait to use them for cooking this summer.
- Volunteer – Find a cause you’re passionate about and volunteer your time to support it. In the next few weeks, I’ll be speaking at the SFU Social Media Network event and sharing my experiences in digital marketing with students.
- Take Your Dog on an Extra-Long Walk – My dog Teddy stays at home all day while I’m at work. I know he gets super excited to go on a longer walk, especially when the weather is good! Favourite spot for a long walk? The Seawall!
- Buy Coffee for a Friend – From Starbucks, of course 🙂 Or, better yet, treat them to a Starbucks Refresher!
- Enter the MMV Giveaway Below – Scroll down to win a Starbucks Refreshers prize pack and if you win, be sure to share the goodies with a friend.
Modern Mix Vancouver Giveaway: MMV is giving away a Starbucks Refreshers Good Energy On-The-Go Gift Pack (value: $150) which includes all three flavours of ready-to-drink Starbucks Refreshers, a personal journal, yoga mat, inspirational quote tote, body mist, lip balm and more!
To enter, please “LIKE” the MMV Facebook Page by clicking here and ALSO leave a comment below about which Starbucks Refreshers flavour sounds the most delicious to you. Giveaway ends Sunday June 29 (10:00pm PST). Open to anyone in Canada. For an additional entry: Follow @ModernMixVan on Twitter and tweet “Win from @ModernMixVan a @StarbucksCanada #GoodEnergy Gift Pack ! Click here: http://bit.ly/UGOBXY | RT to enter!”