MARKET: 40th Annual Circle Craft 2013 (Nov 7 to 11) & MMV Giveaway for a Pair of Tickets
Here’s another annual holiday market which just got announced for the 2013 season! Vancouver’s Circle Craft Christmas Market celebrates its 40th annual Market from November 7 to 11, 2013. From previous years of attending Circle Craft, I’ve seen that their exhibitors tend to be full-time artisans who perfect their craft for a living. This includes wood turners, glass blowers, sculptors and potters, clothing and jewellery designers, toy makers, leather and metal workers, and more.
The 2013 Circle Craft Market will take place at the Vancouver Convention Centre West, 1055 Canada Place, November 7-11, 2013.
The Market offers additional special sights and artistic surprises for attendees to enjoy:
- Watch artists produce their work – Enjoy live demonstrations of pottery throwing, weaving, jewellery making, and more!
- Fashion Show – Designers and fashion artisans will be hitting the runway in style as Vancouver’s favourite Christmas Market presents its second year of fashion shows. The shows are available twice a day. Now shoppers have the opportunity to preview the best pieces from the Market’s designers and take the looks from the catwalk to their closets. Shows will take place daily at 1:00 pm, Thursday-Saturday at 6:00 pm, and Sunday-Monday at 3:00 pm.
- The Main Stage where fantastic local talent will shine, including youth community dance and music groups!
- Student Art Exhibition – Circle Craft presents, for the seventh year, an exciting exhibit celebrating student creativity. Each secondary school featured offers a display of a wide variety of student artwork reflecting the quality and diversity of their visual arts programs. This show offers a snapshot of the many styles and media art students are practicing. Explorations in drawing, painting, mixed media, printmaking, collage, and photography will be on view.
- Shopping Spree – Drop your ticket in the box inside the show entrance to be entered to win a $1000 shopping spree at the Market!
- Contests – Daily contests at the Market as well as online contests – watch for more information!
$12 adults; $10 seniors and students; $8 each for groups of 10 or more with 2-for-1 admission after 5pm. Save $2 and buy tickets online at circlecraft.net.
MMV Giveaway: Modern Mix Vancouver is giving away a pair of complimentary tickets to Circle Craft. To enter, please “LIKE” the Modern Mix Vancouver Facebook Page at facebook.com/modernmixvancouver and ALSO leave a comment below about why Christmas (or the holidays) is a wonderful time of year. A random winner will be chosen from the comments below. Giveaway ends Sunday November 3 (10pm PST).
For an additional entry: Follow @ModernMixVan on Twitter and tweet “Win from @ModernMixVan a pair of @CircleCraft tickets! Details here: bit.ly/GT0Itq | RT to enter!”