Hot Cross Buns Parfait Recipe
Looking for a new way to enjoy Hot Cross Buns? Crispy chocolate chip hot cross bun cubes, a creamy chocolate mousse and crushed mini chocolate eggs combine together into a sweet parfait. Thanks to COBS Bread, here’s a recipe for a hot cross bun parfait that’ll help level up your buns to a new level of deliciousness this Spring.
On Saturday, April 2, 2022, whenever anyone purchases a 6-pack of hot cross buns, $2 will be donated to local charities. Doughnation Day is part of COBS Bread’s commitment to the communities they serve, and this year’s goal is to raise $500,000 for locally run, Canadian charities.
Hot Cross Bun (HXB) Parfait Recipe
Timing: 30 minutes
Servings: serves 6
Hot Cross Bun Brownies
- 4 COBS Bread Triple Chocolate Chip Hot Cross Buns, cut into half-inch cubes
- 4 eggs (large), whites and yolks separated
- 6 tbsp chocolate chips
- 6 tbsp butter at room temperature
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 6 tbsp confectioner’s sugar
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup mini chocolate eggs (half crushed, half whole)
Preheat oven to 425F.
- Prepare hot cross bun brownies by placing cubed hot cross buns pieces on a parchment lined baking tray. Bake for 3-4 minutes or until slightly brown and crispy all around. Set aside.
- Prepare chocolate mousse. In a microwave safe container, add chocolate chips and butter, heat up for 30 seconds on high, mix thoroughly and add another 15 seconds on high, mix thoroughly. Chocolate and butter should be melted, do not over heat as butter may scald and separate. Set aside.
- Using a whisk or hand mixer, whisk egg whites in a mixing bowl, whisk/mix to soft peak.
- Add 2 tbsp confectioner’s sugar at a time, continue whisking/mixing until all sugar are incorporated and mixture reach hard peak. Fold in the melted butter/chocolate mix into the whisked egg whites.
- Prepare whipping cream. Using a whish or hand mixer, whisk whipped cream to hard peak, do not overmix to prevent whipped cream from splitting. Set half of the whipped cream aside. Fold in half of the whipped cream with the chocolate mouse mix.
- Assemble the parfait. Add 2 tbsp of chocolate mousse mix to the bottom of glass, add 1 tbsp of HXB brownie pieces and 1 tbsp mixture of crushed & full mini eggs, add another 2 tbsp of chocolate mousse mix on top of the mini eggs to create the second layer. Add another 1 tbsp of HXB brownie pieces and 1 tbsp mixture of crushed & full mini eggs. Top with a dollop of whipped cream on top, add 2-3 pcs of full mini eggs.