Now in my third trimester of pregnancy, I’ve pivoted from reviewing pregnancy items, to looking for something that’s for baby instead! For most subscription box services, you’ll typically find the same set of curated items sent out to all its subscribers. The Victoria-based baby subscription box Stork Post caught my eye because the items inside are all hand-curated for your baby and what you’ll receive will be completely unique to your box.
I was gifted the Stork Post Grow With Me Box which is a seasonal baby subscription box, sent every three months, with eco-friendly, organic and fair-trade baby items, including organic cotton or bamboo clothing, wooden toys, diaper bags, body care, accessories, gear and books. When signing up for their service (which has a cancel anytime policy), I filled out a quick three question survey: what size they should send for my first box (I picked 0-3M), my child’s birthdate or expected due date, and if I had any special requests or preferences that they should try to accommodate.
Delivery was super speedy, I received my box within a week!
True to Stork Post’s word of only sourcing products from eco-responsible companies, each of the five items in my personal Stork Post box (a total value of $172) had some sort of eco-friendly, better-for-you aspect, be it clothing and accessories made of organic cotton, bamboo, muslin, or a plug-in nightlight with an energy-saving feature.
Unboxing my Stork Post ‘Grow With Me’ Box
With every Stork Post box, you get a sheet describing the items inside, and their retail price. Here’s what was inside my Grow With Me Box, catered for a 0 to 3 month newborn:
- Cat & Dogma Kimono Robe – this one’s for mom: a one-size-fits-all robe for pregnancy, post-partum and beyond that’s made with GOTS-certified organic cotton.
- ZippyJams Quiet Fox Jammies – newborn PJs, also made with GOTS-certified organic cotton, with a double zipper (which I’ve heard are more convenient than snaps) for quick and easy diaper changes.
- Lulujo Giraffe Lovey – a small muslin blanket which doubles as a cute and cuddly giraffe toy.
- Nest Designs Burp ‘n’ Bib – a two pack of burb bibs made from a bamboo blend on the frontside, with an absorbant cotton terry backing.
- Borders Unlimited Nightlight – an LED nightlight that has an energy conscious on/off light sensor that turns on at dusk and turns off at dawn.
The Stork Post Grow With Me Box is $129/quarter, and the next box we’ll receive will be appropriate for a 3 to 6 month baby. For more information, visit: storkpost.ca.