Opened last year in Lower Lonsdale, Farina a Legna is a Northern Italian-inspired restaurant that offers wood-fired pizza, handmade pasta dishes, and other nourishing fare. Owned by the same group behind Pizzeria Farina, Pourhouse, Di Beppe, and Ask for Luigi, the newest establishment in the Kitchen Table Restaurant group will be launching a weekend brunch menu beginning Saturday March 12.
Available Saturdays and Sundays from 10am to 2pm, Farina a Legna’s new brunch menu includes sweet and savoury standouts like:
- Italian Benny ($16) – focaccia, 2 poached eggs,
pomodoro, Parmigiano-Reggiano, crispy polenta)
- Nutella Toast ($12) – housemade chocolate and hazelnut spread, toasted hazelnuts, roasted banana jam, vanilla whipped ricotta)
- Zabaglione ($14) – egg and marsala custard served with panettone, fresh fruit & berries)
- Mushroom Frittata ($16) – pesto, Parmigiano-Reggiano, crispy polenta, fresh arugula)
- 2 Egg Breakfast ($15) – pancetta or Italian sausage, focaccia, crispy polenta
- Breakfast Pizzette ($15) – white sauce, pancetta, soft egg
There is also a special $10 ‘bambini’ menu featuring fresh fruit & berries and a choice of Nutella toast, 2 eggs and focaccia with pancetta or pasta with butter or tomato sauce.
Some of Farina a Legna’s popular dinner items also make a brunch debut in pasta dishes like carbonara ($17), pesto Genovese ($14), and Bolognese ($16) and
The brunch beverage menu features house-bottled cocktails, mimosas made with fresh-squeezed orange juice, Italian fruit nectars and artisanal sodas, an array of amaro,
For more information on Farina a Legna visit: pizzeriafarina.com/northvan/or visit in person at 119 2nd Street East in North Vancouver.