Karen Danudjaja is the co-foun
What are your Top 3
favourite things to do in Vancouver?
- Hitting up the endowment lands for a trail run and reset. They are the perfect trails to get “lost” in. It’s just the right size to not look at maps and just go.
- Trout lake farmers market offers amazing produce and a community feel. I always feel so inspired by the creativity of local vendors. Hit up the drive
afterwardsfor games/sandwiches or greatcoffee.
- Granville Island, there’s something about picking up ingredients here that makes a homecooked meal 10x more special. I am always making excuses to visit the public market.
What’s the best way to connect with your local neighbourhood or community?
Getting outside. We are so lucky in Vancouver, just walking our neighbourhoods and appreciating our outdoors spaces gives you an amazing appreciation for the city.
What’s the best way to spend a day outdoors in Vancouver?
One of my
What are your favourite restaurants in Vancouver?
- Pizza Farina for BOMB pizza.
- General Public on Main Street is such a fun spot for sushi and drinks.
- Ask for Luigi. You can’t leave this place without an amazing experience. It’s the most romantic restaurant in the city.
What are your
favourite cafes in Vancouver?
- Matchstick for beautiful interiors and great coffee.
- Bird & the Beets for a great selection of healthy noms. The tofu bahn mi completes me. Plus, it has an incredible workspace vibe.
- The Federal Store owners are amazing people, and show their love for Vancouver and local in every menu item.
Local Lives is a series on Modern Mix Vancouver where we feature the lives of prominent members of the Vancouver community and how they live in Vancouver. Know someone we should feature? Email us here.