While winter is in full swing it’ll be nothing but tropical at the Vancouver Aquarium on January 19, as they kick off their first adults-only event of 2017: a special edition tropical-themed after hours.
A magical place at night, the Vancouver Aquarium will be open only to guests 19 and older for this event. Food, wine, beer and a specialty cocktail will be available for purchase. Guests can explore on their own and learn more about the Aquarium’s incredible aquatic residents through a number of activities, including:
- A talk on the fascinating world of warm-water sharks
- A lecture from an in-house aquarist on what it feels like to be stung by venomous animals in coral reefs
- Up-close interactions with stingrays in the Discover Rays exhibit
- A virtual chase in the film Great Escapes: The 4-D Experience in our 4-D theater, with film screenings every 30 minutes.
- Hands-on learning with marine invertebrates like sea stars, sea urchins and more in the Wet Lab
Vancouver Aquarium After Hours
- Where: The Vancouver Aquarium @ 845 Avison Way
- When: Thursday January 19 // 6pm to 10pm
- Admission: Tickets are available online at vanaqua.org/afterhours. Guests are encouraged to purchase tickets early as they will not be available at the door. Tickets for members are $23 and non-members are $31. As After Hours is a 19+ event, photo ID will be required for entry.