Beginning today, January 19th, Starbucks Canada has made its innovative mobile ordering feature, Mobile Order & Pay, available to both Apple and Android users in the Vancouver Lower Mainland. This convenient feature will be available at over 130 store locations in Vancouver, West Vancouver, Burnaby, Richmond and New Westminster.
Following a successful launch in Toronto in September, ordering via the Starbucks mobile app is quickly becoming the fastest and easiest way for Starbucks customers to order ahead, then pick up their purchases at their preferred location, providing on-the-go customers a quick and simple alternative to get some of their favourite food or beverage items.
Starbucks was the first national retailer to offer its own mobile payment technology combined with a loyalty program. Today, mobile payments represent 18% of all in store transactions in Canadian Starbucks stores and more than 1 million Canadians are active My Starbucks Rewards members. With the Mobile Order & Pay feature, customers have the same Starbucks experience they would have in store, including the ability to customize orders in-app with the convenience and speed of placing and paying for an order in advance. Estimated pick up times are shown in the app before a customer confirms their order.
“The simple, convenience of Mobile Order & Pay means customers can bypass the line. We know that sometimes our customers have to choose between going to Starbucks and making their next meeting or appointment. This represents a significant opportunity for us to enhance the customer experience and save our busy customers some time.” – Jessica Mills, director, brand and digital, Starbucks Canada.
How To use Mobile Order & Pay from your Starbucks app:
- Click on the “Order” option at the top right of the screen.
- Select the food and beverage items to order: Beverages are customizable, including the option to modify size, number of espresso shots, dairy selections and more.
- Select the participating store for pick up: Approximate wait times will be viewable on the customer’s phone prior to selecting store location. Directions will also be available, if needed.
- Confirm by clicking, “order:” At the time of order, payment is made from the customer’s registered Starbucks Card.
- Proceed to the participating Starbucks store to pick up food and beverages. Orders are sent to the selected store where Starbucks partners (baristas) will begin preparing the items
To download the Starbucks app for iPhone, visit the App Store here. To download the Starbucks app for Android devices, visit the Play Store here.