The Gastown Shop Hop is a one-night only neighbourhood-wide shopping event. On October 16, Gastown retailers will open their doors until 9pm to showcase the latest looks for stylish Vancouverites. Think eyewear, accessories, shoes and everything in-between, as well as décor boutiques that have everything you need to ensure your home is as well dressed as you are. This annual fall event celebrates the start of the biggest season of the year with music, treats, and special promotions.
Discover why Gastown was named one of the most stylish neighbourhoods in the world. Independent boutiques line the streets, bringing exclusive labels and local designers together to create a distinct shopping destination. Each season, the style savvy and curious make their way to Gastown for the latest looks, finding an unmatched selection of inspired designs for men and women.
This year, there will be 44 participating shops and 15 participating restaurants. Stop by your favourite shops or follow the Shop Hop map found at participating retailers. Shop the in-store specials and receive dining vouchers to satisfy your appetite at the end of the evening in some of Gastown’s best restaurants.
Look out for the gold balloons lining Gastown’s iconic cobblestone streets to mark the entrances of participating stores and restaurants.
Below is a select list of participating retailers and restaurants, who have previously been featured in some way, shape or form, on Modern Mix Vancouver:
- Complexgeometries – This is a Montreal-based brand with cotton pieces with unusual, yet versitile cuts. I purchased a black dress which can be worn multiple ways at last year’s Shop Hop.
- Dutil – So much designer denim, stacked in one place.
- Oak + Fort – Since opening their first location in Gastown, they have also opened at Metropolis at Metrotown and Oakridge Centre.
- One of a Few – Another independent Vancouver-based boutique in Gastown, selling clothes and accessories.
- The Block – This retailer has been around for ages, I think of them as one of the original boutiques in Gastown, when the area was just starting to get trendy.
- Bambudda – Asian fusion restaurant, with great drinks.
- Clough Club – It’s really dark in here.
- The Diamond – This restaurant started off as Asian-fusion, but has since turned into some sort of Mexican-y restaurant since.
- Irish Heather – We learned how to pour a perfect Guinness at the Irish Heather.
- Lamplighter Pub – It’s ridiculous that this place charges cover at 8pm. I came here for dinner before, and had to pay cover – just to eat!
- Pourhouse – Another great place for drink.
- Water Street Cafe – Classic Gastown restaurant, located right across from The Steamclock.
For more information about this year’s Gastown Shop Hop and the full participating retailer and restaurant list, visit gastown.org.