Earlier this year, Modern Mix Vancouver was invited by the T-fal Canada team to try out their new line of Ingenio Gourmet pots and pans.
Knowing how Modern Mix Vancouver constantly showcases our dining experiences, surely, if provided with the right tools, we’d be able to create some delicious dishes of our own. Because of its multi use properties, the T-fal Ingenio Gourmet collection makes cooking easy.
Modern Mix Vancouver’s second recipe with the T-Fal Ingenio collection is a main course of prawn risotto topped with crispy kale.
As you have probably heard before, the trick to risotto is to stir and stir and stir. Risotto is generally quite carb-heavy and rich and creamy, so the crispy kale gives this dish some greens to top your dish.
If there are leftovers after your meal, you can just pop the sealable plastic lid onto the T-fal Ingenio pot, and store in the fridge. Because the handle is detachable, there is no wasted space in the fridge, no awkward bulky handle to get in the way.
Don’t forget that in September, as part of the T-fal #ClickToCook campaign, I will personally be hosting a dinner party for one lucky reader, featuring these recipes. Stay tuned to see how you can enter to win!
Prawn Risotto Topped with Crispy Kale
- 1 Large Onion
- 6 Cremini Mushrooms
- 3 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 2 Cups Arborro Rice
- 4 Cups Chicken Broth
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- 200g Prawns (approx.15)
- 1 Cup Shaved Parmesan Cheese
- Fresh Parsley or Basil
Kale Chip Topping
- 1 Head of Kale
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- Garlic Salt
1) Dice onions and mushrooms and place into TFal Ingenio pot. Fry with 2 tbsp of coconut oil.
2) After 5 minutes add in arborro rice and stir until the edges of the rice grains turn translucent.
3) Add a cup of chicken broth (at room temperature) and stir frequently until liquid is absorbed. Continue to alternate between adding chicken broth and stirring until the liquid is absorbed.
4) While the rice is cooking, begin the crispy kale. Preheat oven to 350F. Rinse kale and shred into medium-sized pieces (3 x 3cm). Dry thoroughly with a salad spinner; the more dry the kale, the crispier your chips will be. Coat thoroughly with coconut oil – you may have to warm the oil in the microwave until it is in its liquefied state. Bake in oven at 350F. Flip if necessary to prevent sticking to pan. Watch closely to prevent burning. After 12 – 15 minutes, bring out of oven and sprinkle with garlic salt.
5) Sauté the prawns in the TFal Ingenio with 1 tbsp of coconut oil and garlic. Do not overcook.
6) After all the chicken broth has been added, stir in prawns. Gently stir in the parmesan cheese until just melted. Season with fresh parsley, salt and pepper and serve.
7) If there are remainders after serving, you can save the leftovers of your next meal. Wait until pot is cool then put on plastic seal lid and store in fridge.