Earlier this year, Modern Mix Vancouver was invited by the T-fal Canada team to try out their new line of Ingenio Gourmet pots and pans.
Knowing how Modern Mix Vancouver constantly showcases our dining experiences, surely, if provided with the right tools, we’d be able to create some delicious dishes of our own. Because of its multi use properties, the T-fal Ingenio Gourmet collection makes cooking easy.
What’s so special about this collection? The T-fal Ingenio Gourmet collection contains some of the most versatile, multi-use cooking products I have ever tried out. Its detachable handle clicks on to any size of pot or pan within the same collection, and allows use on the stove, in the oven, and even storing in the fridge. That’s where the #ClickToCook hashtag comes from, by the way.
Also, for Vancouverites living in a small space (like a downtown apartment), this collection is an amazing space saver, because you can stack the products within each other.
Over the next few weeks, Modern Mix Vancouver will be sharing with our readers three recipes created specifically with the T-fal Ingenio Gourmet collection. In September, I will personally be hosting a dinner party for one lucky reader, featuring these recipes. So stay tuned to find out how you can enter to win!
Without further ado, here is our first recipe, a delicious oven-toasted baguette appetizer, topped with caramelized onions, bocconcini cheese, diced tomatoes and arugula – all magically made and served from oven to table in one single pan.
This recipe was inspired by a caprese salad or sandwich, but in a bite-sized, open faced, toasted format.
Bocconcini Melt on Toasted Baguette Rounds with Arugula
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Medium Onion
- 1 Demi-Loaf Baguette
- 2 Tbsp Pesto
- 1 Tbsp Mayo
- 100g Mini Bocconcini Cheese
- 1 Roma Tomato
- Handful of Arugula
- 1 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
1) Slice onions lengthwise (root to stem) and fry on medium heat in T-fal Ingenio frying pan with olive oil for 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown. Add in half cup of water and cook until evaporated, then add another half cup of water and repeat. It will take approximately 25 – 30 minutes for the onions to cook until caramelized.
2) Preheat oven to 400F. After adding the second half-cup of water to the onions, cut demi-loaf of baguette into half-inch slices and place onto T-fal Ingenio Gourmet frying pan. Coat the bread lightly with olive oil and toast in oven at 400F for 5 minutes.
3) After toast turns golden brown, take T-fal Ingenio Gourmet frying pan out of the oven. Mix pesto and mayo together and spread on each piece of toast. Top spread with caramelized onion mixture.
4) Dice roma tomatoes and place on top of spread. Scatter bocconcini cheese on top. Put pan back into oven at reduced heat of 350F for 5 – 10 minutes until cheese begins to melt.
5) Take pan out of the oven. Top with a handful of arugula. Mix balsamic vinegar and olive oil together and drizzle on top. Place on pot holder and serve directly to table on pan.