EAT! Vancouver is Canada’s largest consumer food, beverage and cooking festival taking place at BC Place Stadium, Vancouver, BC on June 1 – 3, 2012. The food show features hundreds of food, beverage and kitchen goods exhibitors along with wineries, breweries, restaurants, cooking demonstrations, wine and cheese seminars, cookbook authors, and chef competitions. For its tenth anniversary, EAT! Vancouver will be returning to its former home at the newly renovated BC Place Stadium on June 1-3, 2012.
While at EAT! Vancouver, you will enjoy shopping in the marketplace of over 250 exhibit booths. Producers, manufacturers, retailers and food artisans will showcase a wide assortment of unique products for eating, drinking, cooking, entertaining, and outfitting a kitchen. Exhibits will include everything from gourmet foods to kitchen accessories.
Come for lunch and stay for dinner at EAT! Vancouver’s Bite of Vancouver restaurant pavilion. The chefs of favourite Lower Mainland restaurants will serve up appetizer portions of their signature recipes. For a nominal charge of $1 to $4 per item you will be able to savour the flavours of numerous eateries.
Also, new for this year is the Pop-Up Culinary Centre, where guests can sign up for one-hour cooking classes taught by instructors from the Pacific Institute of Culinary Arts.
For you Food Network buffs out there, appearances on the Food Network Celebrity Stage include:
- Chef Rob Feenie – Vancouver’s own Iron Chef America winner and Cactus Club Restaurants Food Concept Architect
- Chef Bob Blumer – Host of World’s Weirdest Restaurants and Glutton for Punishment
- David Rocco – Host of David Rocco’s Dolce Vita
- Annabelle Waugh – Food director for Canadian Living Magazine and winner of Season One of Food Network Canada’s Top Chef Canada
- Chef Dale MacKay – from Ensemble Restaurant & Bar and eTap
Admission prices are as follows: $9 for Students (13 to 16) and $14 for adults (after the $2 discount for purchasing your ticket online here). Hope to see you there!
MMV Giveaway: Modern Mix Vancouver is giving away a pair of tickets to EAT! Vancouver. To enter, leave a comment below telling us your favourite thing to EAT! A random winner will be chosen from the comments below. Be sure to leave your email address so we can contact you if you’re a winner. Contest ends Sunday, May 20th (11:59pm PST).
For additional entries, you can do the following things;
- For a second entry: Follow @ModernMixVan on Twitter and tweet “I want to win a pair of tickets to @Eat_Vancouver from @ModernMixVan. http://bit.ly/Ic7VUu. RT to enter!”
- For a third entry: Like” the Modern Mix Vancouver Page on Facebook and write on the wall: “I want to win a pair of tickets to EAT! Vancouver from Modern Mix Vancouver: http://bit.ly/Ic7VUu”