Modern Mix Vancouver has taken the opportunity to interview three past participants of the Tough Mudder in Whistler and asked them for their tips for “surviving” this physical and mental challenge.
Are you looking to run a 5K course, without the pressure of being in a race? Then I have the perfect event for you! The Color Run is debuting in Vancouver …
Guest post by Kirsten Bailey of 6 oz.
Vancouverites! I believe common sense dictates that anything worth doing is done better in costume – especially if what you are doing is for charity. Everyone has that inner mascot just waiting to come out, it’s time to face it and embrace it.
So….take this wisdom and run with it at the Chip’s Not Dead Yet charity race on June 20, 2009, with all proceeds going towards the BC Children’s Hospital foundation. When you register for the race, not only do you have the opportunity to race up and down W. 10th avenue dressed up in costume, but you also gain access to the largest summer street party Vancouver has to offer – we’re talking live entertainment on the Georgia Straight entertainment stage, a beer garden sponsored by Russell Beer and an expected 5000 excited people attending. Oh, and did I mention there were prizes?
This is what you’ll be racing for:
- Bridal Dash = 2 tickets anywhere West Jet flies
- High Heel Dash = $1,500 Gift Card to spend at Pacific Centre (!!)
- Underwear Dash = A backyard summer BBQ catered by Russell Beer and Memphis Blues BBQ.
- Super Hero Half Mile(ish) Dash = A trip along the Inside Passage on the new Northern Expedition presented by BC Ferries.
- Timed Wave Race = 2 people will each win 6 months of yoga each, a mat and a water bottle courtesy of Semperviva Yoga
- Canucks Fan Parade = a Vancouver Canucks forward Taylor Pyatt signed stick and a Mattius Ohlund signed Jersey.
- Rock Star Wave = 2 tickets to the upcoming Aerosmith concert and a signed Aerosmith drumhead.
- Elite Race = $20,000
Other waves you can sign up for are the couch potato wave, the Pooch Parade, the uniform dash and high school elite dash. Read more here. Those are the things you’ll be racing to win, but every registered participant will walk away with a Lululemon Tech top valued at more than the cost of registration! So grab a couple friends, brainstorm costumes over a couple beers and make sure to register!
Here are the specs:
Where? W. 10th Ave between Blanca and Alma
When? June 20th, 2009
How much? $35 for individuals // group of 10+, registration is only $30 per person.
- For the kids! 200% of proceeds are going towards the BC Children’s Hospital. And no, my finger didn’t just slip from the ‘1’ to the ‘2’ accidentally. 200% of proceeds will go towards this children’s charity because Chip Wilson, founder of Lululemon, has agreed to match every dollar donated up to $150,000.
- You get to dress up in costume! And run around! Like a kid!
- You get access to the summers biggest street party! Enjoy live entertainment and a beer garden with 5000 other Vancouverites!
Hope to see you there!