Shoppers now have one more reason to visit McArthurGlen Vancouver Airport this summer. The Designer Outlet has joined forces with the ever-popular social food hub Hawkers Market to bring together some of the best purveyors of local food under the banner of a new pop-up initiative, Hawkers Mercado.
Launching on McArthurGlen’s official opening day, on July 9, 2015, Hawkers Mercado will include an Artisan Food Hall, The Sweet Shop and The Ice Cream Shop, so shoppers can discover exciting local food all summer long.
Hawkers Mercado highlights:
- 5entidos – Chef Jefferson Alvarez: Creating unique dining experiences, Chef Jefferson will be sharing exclusive menus and special menus created with Northern Divine Caviar.
- Dinner by Bayan – Pop-Up Dinners: Engage all your senses though a delicious and exciting range of flavours, textures and aromas. Be sure to get a taste of Xi’an Cold Noodles and Bahn Mi Sandwiches all created through unique techniques and inspired by the intricate delicacies of Asia.
- The Capilano Tea House and Botanical Soda Co: Indigenous teas and botanical tea sodas, foraged right here in B.C. Operated by a mother-daughter duo from the Squamish Nation, you won’t be disappointed when you taste the delicious sodas made with love, featuring the following flavours – Lavender Ginger, Rose Lemonade, Dandelion Burdock and Hibiscus.
- Nice Vice: Brand new Vancouver-based, vegan ice cream brand – all of the flavour, none of the guilt.
- Naaco: Naan meets Taco, and the rest is history. Supporting organic, local and sustainable operations wherever possible, Naaco (Naan + Taco) serves delicious taco on a naan.
- Whiskey Six: Founded on the “Farm to Table” philosophy, Whiskey Six BBQ is focused on providing an authentic barbeque experience to satisfy the appetites of carnivores and vegetarians.
- Sexy Juice: Healthy is sexy. Give your body the nutrients it needs with fresh, premium cold pressed juice.
- Heritage Canadian bakery: Experience the close-your-eyes “this is so good” moment with Heritage Canadian Bakery’s signature ‘cruffin’ – handcrafted from scratch using family recipes.
- Hugos Churros: Ay carumba! Vancouver’s very first churro stand.
- Hugos Tacos: Fresh authentic Mexican tacos and jarritos.
Hawkers Mercado, will come to an end on September 7, 2015 (Labour Day).
Photography Credit: The Glass Eye