MARKET: First Pick Handmade 2-Day Market at Heritage Hall (Sep 16 & 17)
The newest market to hit Vancouver’s indie market scene is First Pick, a two-day pop up at Heritage Hall. Featuring a combination of fashion industry veterans and newer startups, with a common thread of high quality construction and materials (including linen, cashmere and leathers), Vancouverites can shop for new Fall 2017 looks and get first picks directly from 29 local and Canadian designers.
Shop for clothing, jewelry, hats, winter accessories, shoes and bags, for men and women, will be featured at First Pick Handmade on Saturday, September 16th and Sunday, September 17th at Heritage Hall at 3102 Main Street in Vancouver.
“All 29 participating designers were carefully curated for this new show. We identified a real need in Vancouver for an all fashion and accessory only marketplace for both men and women, and from there, First Pick Handmade was created.” – Janna Hurtzig, Event Founder, First Pick Handmade.
First Pick Handmade was created and curated by Janna Hurtzig of the local Winterluxe Recycled Cashmere and Astrosatchel labels. Since 1988, Hurtzig has been part of Vancouver’s handmade scene in numerous roles such as vendor and show coordinator, so she knows what makes for a good experience for both the vendor and the consumer.
Here are the Canadian indie men and women’s fashion and accessory designers who will be at First Pick:
- Westerly Handmade Shoes (shoes for men and women / Vancouver)
- Friday Socks (socks / Calgary, AB)
- Billy Would (cuff links to jewelry from skate decks / Vancouver)
- Element Botanicals (men and women’s skin care / Sorrento, BC)
- Winterluxe (recycled cashmere toques, gloves and cowls / Vancouver)
- Joseph Henry Workshop (leather work / Vancouver)
- Old Fashioned Standards (oil cloth hats and bags / Vancouver)
- Anderson’s Boots (vegan boots / Vancouver)
- Hetki / a moment to clothing (made to order garments with slow fashion sensibility)
- Start with the Basis (men’s clothing / Vancouver).
- Sinbi Collection (women’s fashion / Vancouver)
- Revol Girl Lingerie (bras and period proof panties / Vancouver)
- Daub and Design / Daub Active (handmade and dyed clothing and accessories / Vancouver)
- Le Fil Rouge (natural textile accessories / North Vancouver)
- Subject ll Change (malas and yoga inspired jewelry / Vancouver )
- Kat Cadegan (jewelry/ Revelstoke, BC)
- Adhesif Clothing (new and recycled fabrics for one-of-a-kind designs / Vancouver)
- Bronsino (recycled leather accessories / Vancouver)
- Jola V Designs (leather accessories / Vancouver)
- Toodlebunny (jewelry / Vancouver)
- Sola Fiedler (hats from recycled sweaters / Vancouver)
- Sans Soucie (recycles waste hose for high fashion designs / Vancouver)
- Bianca Barr (jewelry and clothing / Vancouver)
- Lana Betty (jewelry / Vancouver)
- Buruko Bags (multipurpose and yoga bags / Vancouver)
- Only Child Handcrafts (beaded jewelry / Salt Spring Island)
- Zed Handmade (knits / White Rock)
- Claudia Schulz Hats (milliner / Vancouver)
- Roberto Fioravanti Jewelry (custom jewelry / Vancouver)
Admission is $3 at the door or online at eventbrite.ca.